Last updated: December 12, 2022
By using the Site, you consent to the data practices described in this Policy. If you do not agree with these terms, then please do not use the Site or provide us with any personal information.
Information We Collect
We collect information about you when you use our Site. The types of information we collect depends on the services and the features you use on the Site. Please note that if you do not provide us with certain information, or if you ask us to delete that information, we may not be able to provide you with the services that are offered on our Site.
Information You Provide Directly to Us
We collect information directly from you when you use the Site, for example, when you fill out our Contact Us form, sign-up for newsletters, send us email messages, participate in surveys, or apply for employment or an internship opportunity on our Site.
The information you provide directly to us may include, but is not limited to: name, email address, company name, and any other information you may choose to provide when communicating with us.
In order to apply for employment or an internship opportunity with Global Strategy Group or to receive other specific benefits, you will need to provide us with certain information, such as your name, email address, phone number, current employer name, cover letter, resume, social media URLs, pronouns, authorization to work in the United States, gender, race, veteran status, and disability status.
We will also collect information, such as email address, from you when you participate in GSG events. By participating in our events, you will automatically be subscribed to receive email updates from us. You can choose to opt-out of receiving additional newsletters or updates from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” option in the email communications you receive.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also may receive and store certain information about you and your device(s) automatically when you access or use the Site. This information may include:
- Log Information: When you use the Site, our servers automatically record certain log file information, such as your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, operating system, browser type and language, referring URLs, access times, pages viewed, links clicked and other information about your interactions with the Site.
- Mobile Device Information: We collect information about the mobile device you use to access or use the Site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Activity information: We may store information about your use of the Site, such as website pages visited, date and time of your visit, transactions you initiate, and emails you receive, open, and click.
- Location Information: When you use the Site, we may collect general location information (such as general location inferred from an IP address).
Information We Collect From Other Sources
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use your information for any of the following reasons:
- For the purposes for which you provide it;
- To respond to user submissions, fulfill requests for further information about our services, and otherwise communicate with you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Site and our communications to you;
- To improve and maintain the Site and our other products and services, and to develop new products and services;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent use and other illegal activities, protect the rights and property of GSG and others, and comply with legal requirements;
- Personalize and improve the Site and provide advertisements, content, and features that match your profile and interests, and remember information about your preferences for the Site;
- For the employment/internship process, if you are applying for employment or an internship with us; and
- Other uses for which you provide consent.
We may aggregate and/or de-identify information collected through the Site. We may use de-identified or aggregated data for any purpose.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
We may share or disclose your information as follows:
- We may share your information with vendors and service providers who need access to such information to carry out work or perform services on our behalf, such as sending you email or processing your employment application.
- We may share your information with GSG affiliates.
- We may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on GSG; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of GSG; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of GSG, or the public.
- We may share your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, acquisition, sale of assets or any business, other change of control transaction or financing between any future parent, subsidiary, and/or affiliated company.
- With your consent or at your direction.
Online Analytics and Tailored Advertising
We may use third-party web analytics services on the Site, such as those of Google Analytics. These service providers use the sort of technology described in the “Information we collect automatically” section above to help us analyze how users use the Service, including by noting the third-party website from which you arrive. The information collected by the technology will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate your use of the Site. We also use Google Analytics for certain purposes related to advertising, as described in the following section. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on.
If you are interested in more information about tailored browser advertising and how you can generally control cookies from being put on your computer to deliver tailored marketing, you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) Consumer Opt-Out Link and/or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (“DAA”) Consumer Opt-Out Link to opt-out of receiving tailored advertising from companies that participate in those programs. To opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising or customize Google Display Network ads, you can visit the Google Ads Settings page. Please note that to the extent advertising technology is integrated into the Site, you may still receive advertising content even if you opt out of tailored advertising. In that case, the advertising content will just not be tailored to your interests. Also, we do not control any of the above opt-out links and are not responsible for any choices you make using these mechanisms or the continued availability or accuracy of these mechanisms. If your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit this opt-out page, or you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different computer or change web browsers, your NAI or DAA opt-out may no longer be effective. Additional information is available on NAI’s and DAA’s websites, accessible by the above links.
Do not track signals and similar mechanisms
We do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals, as the Internet industry is currently still working on Do Not Track standards, implementations, and solutions.
The Site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
We employ physical, procedural, and technological security measures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access or disclosure. However, no method of transmission over the internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we do not promise and cannot guarantee, and thus you should not expect, that your information or communications will not be collected, disclosed and/or used by others. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, keeping your log-in and password private, and not recycling passwords from other websites or accounts. We are not responsible for the unauthorized use of your information nor for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords, or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
We do not knowingly collect personal information (as defined by the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) from children under 13. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for the Service or send any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information. If you believe that a child under 13 may have provided us personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
You may opt out of any future communications from us at any time by following the instructions in those communications.
You can also do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
You should be able to control how and whether cookies will be accepted by your web browser. Most browsers offer instructions on how to reset the browser to reject cookies in the “Help” section of the toolbar. If you reject our cookies, certain of the functions and conveniences of the Site may not work properly.
California Shine the Light
We do not share personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
California Residents: Privacy Rights
California residents have a right under state law to ask entities with whom they have an established business relationship to provide access to certain personal information. They also have a right to seek the deletion of such information from the businesses’ databases, provided the business may retain the information for certain purposes, such as legal compliance and security purposes.
If you are a California resident and wish to exercise these rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For instance, if you provided your resume to us and would like us to delete it; participated in a survey or focus group we conducted and would like us to cease contacting you; or if you believe you are on our marketing list and you would like us to remove you, please contact us at that number to make such a request. We will not discriminate against you with respect to the use of our services should you make such a request.
We then will honor such a request and communicate with you to either confirm that we have done so, or to request additional information needed to do so.
In addition, while we do not generally “sell” our customers’ data, such as their personally identifiable information, we do engage in tailored advertising, which may be considered a “sale” or “share” of data (such as cookies deployed on and read from our website) under certain state privacy laws. You may opt-out of this type of tailored advertising through the industry opt-out mechanisms we have referred to in the above section titled “Tailored Advertising.”
Updates to this Policy
If you have questions or comments regarding our privacy practices or this Policy, please contact us immediately at 212-260-8813 or email@example.com.